Light and Bright... New paint and more changes to come!

 Well its been a busy long couple of weeks of painting. We are finally done with the living, 

dining, kitchen, hall, entry and family room. We went with Sherwin Williams "Oyster Bay" and "Alabaster 

White". After weeks of research, worrying about making a bad choice we decided on the look we 

wanted.  

I have to admit when the total at the register at Sherwin Williams came up to $420.00 (that included a 

coupon for 30% off) plus the additional $150 in supplies and primer at the Home Depot I new 

there was no going back. We chose the Duration line in the Alabaster White because of its clean ability 

with their flat paint. We went with their Superior line in the Oyster Bay, also in flat.  We used a flat paint 

hoping it would help tone down the rough texture of our walls and it did just that. We went ahead 

and primed all the walls because of the previous dark color.


 My pics always look a little washed out due to all the light from the windows. I took these on a

cloudy day to cut down on the glare. We will be getting new window treatments so right now they 

are bare. Plus I have my eye on a new Chesterfield sofa and we will say goodbye to the sectional.





I'm on the hunt for a new dining room chandelier and chairs.


We painted the entry in the Alabaster White. It looks a little plain right now, I have ideas for that.

Some new wall decor and a new front door will do wonders.



A couple more pics of entry and looking into living room from entry. As you can see we have lots of

windows.


Last but not least standing in the entry looking toward the dining room and kitchen. I will share pics

of the kitchen and family room later. Let me know what you think of the paint.  Lori

Comments

  1. Looks wayyy better. New sofa and a rug with some similar scheme from the walls next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic! I always think new paint makes the whole place seem like new.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment... I love reading your thoughts... Lori

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my world....

Bidding Adieu to January..... The month in review.

Choices.... A letter to a friend.