Potato Clam Chowder


I don't know about you, but I'm always looking for new, easy and affordable meals for my family. This recipes fall into all three categories. This recipe is great for using up veggies in the fridge. If you aren't a clam fan, forget the clams and add leftover chicken, or more veggies. It's up to you....

Here's what I did....

Ingredients...
1 30oz. bag of frozen diced hash browns
1 32 oz box of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup (10 oz)
1 10oz can Clams and liquid.
1 6.5oz can Clams and liquid
Carrots to your taste
Broccoli to your taste
Green Onions to your taste
1 pkg. cream cheese (8 oz, not fat free)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese to your liking)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Empty hash browns in crock-pot. Add chicken broth, cream of chicken soup. Add salt and pepper to taste....

Cook on high for 4 hours. Add clams with juice, carrots, broccoli (or whatever veggies you like) to crock-pot. Continue to cook on high setting until veggies are tender. 

An hour before serving, cut the cream cheese into small cubes. Place the cubes in the crock pot. Mix throughout the hour before serving. 

Once the cream cheese is completely blended and right before serving, top with cheddar cheese and green onions to taste.


Comments

  1. Lori, this looks delicious and I've never thought about adding frozen hash browns to a soup. I'm going to try this, don't care for clam but love clam broth, always a jar or two in the fridge. I'll be making cream of asparagus soup tomorrow, it's soup weather for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great but I'll leave out the clams and maybe use ham instead - at least it rhymes, right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment... I love reading your thoughts... Lori

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my world....

Bidding Adieu to January..... The month in review.

Another morning in God's country....