Our "Wild Whisper"..... Lessons of patience, trust and love.





 
I can't really remember what year Whisper came to our Farm. I do remember the phone call we got from a friend who took in abused horses and tried to find them new caring homes. She said, "I know you aren't looking for a horse at this time but, would we be interested in taking in a Palomino mare as a "pasture buddy" for our mare Belle"?

After much discussion with the "Hubby" I called her back and said, Yes.

Our "Wild Whisper" came to us with years of baggage. She had scars on her legs leading us to believe she'd had many bad experiences with fences and physical abuse. She shy's away from any kind of close affection by humans. On a good day she allows you to run a brush over her coat. Her trust is given sparingly, and very hard to earn.

She does wait patiently for me every morning and offers a friendly nicker as I approach the barn. I like to think she knows she's loved....

I took this the other day of her standing at the pasture fence with ears perked looking toward the back deck. She knows this is the door that the person who feeds her often comes out of with treats of apples or carrots. I know, if I show up with a treat she allows me a minute or two of free pats. 

What her life was before she came to our farm is a mystery. She has taught us patience and acceptance.

I hope she knows she is loved....




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my world....

Bidding Adieu to January..... The month in review.

Another morning in God's country....